Consideration for Early Entrance into Kindergarten 2023-2024 School Year
Early entry consideration is offered as a courtesy to residents zoned to attend Arlington Community Schools. Parents interested in early entrance kindergarten must have an early entry evaluation appointment.
Beginning on March 1, 2023, an appointment for an early entrance evaluation can be scheduled by emailing Alison Orman or by calling 901-389-2497 ext. 2500.
Early Entry Evaluation Dates and Information:
- Evaluations will be conducted at the Arlington Community Schools Administrative Building located at 12060 Arlington Trail.
- Evaluation sessions will be about 30 minutes and conducted one-on-one.
- Evaluation dates are:
- Thursday, May 11, 2023 from 9:00 - 11:30 AM
- Thursday, May 16, 2023 from 1:00 - 3:30 PM
- Regular Kindergarten admission requires a child to be no less than five years of age on or before August 15th. (T.C.A 49-6-3001 (B)
- Children who will turn 5 years old between August 16th and September 30th can be evaluated, per parent request, for early entry into Kindergarten.
- If the student will not reach age 5 until after September 30, 2023, the student must wait until Fall 2024 to begin Kindergarten.
- If the child meets the minimum score requirement, the 4-year old student may be accepted for early entry into Kindergarten for the 2023-24 academic year.
Arlington Community Schools offer educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability or genetic information and adheres to the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).