Arlington High School opened in 2004 and has grown since then into one of the premier high schools in Shelby County. Located in the northeast corner of the county, Arlington serves as the 2nd largest high school within Shelby County borders. With a population of over 2200 and many activities for all students, Arlington High School's mantra has always been "there is something for everyone."
AHS students will acquire knowledge and experience in academic and social settings. Every student will be inspired and challenged to learn and grow, transition into society and become a productive citizen who will contribute to his or her community.
AHS will be an academic institution of excellence, fostering a community of confident, self-directed, life-long learners. Arlington High will provide exemplary educational experiences that meet the academic expectations of each student, teacher, parent and community stakeholder. Through a commitment to outstanding achievement, self-evaluation and ongoing improvement, Arlington High School will continue to be a premier academic community.
- Student learning is sustained by providing a fair, supportive, and challenging environment.
- Students are individuals with unique intellectual, cultural, social, physical and emotional needs.
- Students are encouraged to mature intellectually, socially, and emotionally.
- Students gain confidence by fostering decision-making, critical thinking, and effective communication skills.
- Students become proficient in academics through comprehensive instruction and assessment.
- Student excellence is promoted by recognition of academic and extracurricular achievements, as well as citizenship.
- Students are exposed to research-based curriculum and instructional practices that incorporate a variety of learning styles.
- Students are assessed formatively and summatively by diverse methods in order to evaluate their achievement and mastery.
- Students thrive in an atmosphere that fosters positive relationships and mutual respect among students and staff.
- Student learning and success are enhanced through the collaboration of students, parents, administrators, teachers, and the community.